COSPLAYER PROFILES: Bien-kun
Our COSPLAYER PROFILE in this article cosplays to escape the stress of real life and also to lessen his social anxiety by meeting up with friends while cosplaying. Please welcome to the series, BIEN-KUN.
Bien-kun and Cosplaying
I was inspired by my bestfriend who shares the same level of passion as mine in anime and we often go to events and cosplay together and up until this day, we kept on doing it.
Bien started cosplaying on Otaku Expo 2016 as Touma Kamijou from To Aru Majutsu no Index. According to hin, it was not one of his best cosplays since he looks like he just woke up. Instead of using a wig, he simply uses his own hair.
Since then, Bien cosplayed a bunch of other characters like the following:
- Touma Kamijou (To Aru series)
- Hajime Hinata (Super Danganronpa 2)
- Shintarou Kisaragi (KagePro / Mekakucity Actors)
- Subaru Natsuki (Re: Zero)
- Hachiman Hikigaya (OreGairu)
- Hideo Suzuki (I am Hero)
- Rui Ninomiya (Gatchaman Crowds)
- You Watanabe (Love Live Sunshine)
- Koyuki Ayase (Kokuhaku Jikkou Iinkai/ HoneyWorks)
- Aoi Minase (If My Heart Had Wings)
- Zun (Touhou Project)
- Aya Shameimaru (Touhou Project)
- Anastasia (Idolmaster: Cinderella Girls)
- Nao Kamiya (Idolmaster: Cinderella Girls)
- Midori Hamanaka (Kokuhaku Jikkou Innkai/ HoneyWorks)
- Cancer Cell (Cells at Work)
His best experience in cosplaying is when he was able to do a tap cosplay. He was embarrassed at first because he is wearing a skit and later on, manages to get over it and continue to do and improve more,
Bien's Future Plans in Cosplay
Bien-kun plans to continue cosplayung as long as he can. Of course, according to him winning a cosplay competition or an AniSong karaoke competition could ass some spice but nevertheless he is happy on where he is now.
The cosplay community is already going downhill but do not be discouraged by it. Learn to stand up for yourself against atrocious people bullying you physically or in SNS, that's what I did and it works. Remember, the reason you cosplay is not for fame but for fun so as long as you are happy with what you're doing, nobody has the right to shoot you down. Never give up and just have fun!
Aside from cosplaying, Bien also develop independent video games under his own circle: "Biensoft Works". Aside from that he also writes novels, draw and compose songs. In events, he often join anime singing contests and is a part of Team OKE Gakuen, a community of anisong karaoke contest enthusiasts.
Connect with Bien on social media: